Thursday, October 3, 2013

Intertextuality Project - "Twilight" to "Ilight"

My first idea for the intertextuality project was the one that I went along with. The idea was to change the cover of the book "Twilight". In the actual cover, there are two hands holding an apple. I wanted to change it so that the hands would hold an iPhone, from the company "Apple".

 In order to make the final product look very realistic and exactly like a book cover, I decided that my medium would be computer art. First, I took a picture of another person's hands holding an iPhone. I used a spotlight in a dark room in order to get a good light effect. I uploaded the picture on to Photoshop, where I darkened the background and added some effect in order to match the original cover. I changed the title from 'Twilight' to 'Ilight' because all of the products in the Apple company begin with 'I'. I also changed the author's name to Steve Jobs because he founded Apple. I also extended the new cover outward in order to match the dimensions of an actual book cover. Finally, I designed the side of the book, printed it out, folded it accordingly, and put it around an actual Twilight book.

 I took a risk in this project by using computer art to make my final product. The reason this was a risk was because I was not very familiar with this medium. However, I was able to learn a lot about the different tools on Photoshop from doing this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment